Monday, April 19, 2010

Sugar Cookies


I got this recipe off of my sister-in-laws family recipe blog. I tried it and it is a keeper! Delicious and soft. Mmmmm good. 

Paula Dean Sugar Cookies
1 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
3 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
-In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs and extracts.
-In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until combined. Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
-Preheat over to 350. Spray baking sheets with nonstick spray.
-On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4" thick. Cut with cookie cutters. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bottom edges are very lightly browned.
Icing: I put about 2 cups of powder sugar in a bowl. I added a littlemilk (maybe 3-4 tsp.) Then I added 1/2 tsp vanilla and about 2 tsp. of light Karo syrup. Then as I mixed it was a little thick so I added a little more Karo syrup. I just mixed until it was the texture I wanted my icing to be. You don't want it too runny. It hardened up pretty quick

No comments:

Post a Comment